These two are in our thoughts. As are all the other people killed in the world today. Most of them good people. Maybe some had it coming.
- A roadside bomb killed six civilians, mostly women and children, travelling in a motorised rickshaw in southern Afghanistan.
- 13 were killed when a train hit a vehicle in Odisha.
- At least 59 people have been killed in ethnic clashes in south-eastern Kenya.
- At least 15 people have been killed in a drone attack in Pakistan’s unsettled tribal region near the Afghan border.
- 20 were killed in heavy rains in North India.
- 60 were killed in a Damascus assault. (200 more were killed there yesterday—more than 20,000 civilians have been killed in Syria since last March.)
- Four were killed in a hot-air balloon in Slovenia.
- One 80-year-old woman from Portage la Prairie, Manitoba was killed in a car accident.
It’s only 9am on the West Coast.
UPDATE: Not to overlook the 19 victims of overnight shootings across Chicago.
UPDATE: A gunman shot and killed one organized crime boss clad in a swimsuit as he walked from the beach in a resort town south of Rome.